Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bkennedy1
Reel Rookie

Being billed for canceled subscription

I am being charged for a subscription to Paramount Plus that I canceled. The Riki records show it as canceled but I am still getting charged.

This is the worst “customer service” process I have ever seen. As soon as I get this resolved I will exit Roku forever 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Being billed for canceled subscription

Are you getting charged by "Roku for CBS" or directly?  It's quite easy to establish an account through Roku AND directly on the Paramount site and get charged for both.  It's also possible to have accounts through Amazon and others and they all happily charge you without having a clue about the other accounts.

0 Kudos
Bkennedy1
Reel Rookie

The item on my card statement states Roku for CBS. Couldn’t be any clearer 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Bkennedy1 wrote:

The item on my card statement states Roku for CBS. Couldn’t be any clearer 

Except...

When a financial institution gets credit card data submitted to them, there is a description that is essentially free text. It can say anything.

It's supposed to say who made the charge, and contact information about it. However, it can contain any information.

If a thief (no other way to describe them) obtains credit card information, they can submit the information and fill out the text any way they want. They can put NASA, they can put Queen of England, they can put UNICEF, they can put Roku, they can put anything ... heck, they could put your name. In this case, they put Roku. They're thieves, so a lie on top of theft is kinda par for the course.

What may have happened is that someone compromised a system that had that your credit card information, and some thief (maybe the same person, maybe a different person) ended up with it. They submitted information and put Roku in the description.

If the Website shows it canceled, and you were billed anyway, it's likely that Roku didn't do this. Some thief did and then lied about it. But it's proper to pursue with Roku, since a subscription did exist.

From the Roku end, go to https://support.roku.com/contactus and fill out what you can there.

On your end, report it as fraud to your financial institution. 

Also: tagging @Jeremiah-Roku who is a forum contact for billing.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos