Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MollyB4
Reel Rookie

Account name references nonexistent email acct

When I tried to add a new channel to roku I realized the username email acct no longer exists, also the password is invalid. When I try to change the password roku sends the new one to the invalid acct. I don't know where to go from here.

5 REPLIES 5
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Account name references nonexistent email acct

@MollyB4 If you have a working Roku device go into settings, system, about, and find the email address there.  If the device is working that is a valid Roku account email address.  Then go to a computer and login to that account.  If you don't know the password for that account select Forgot Password.

0 Kudos
MollyB4
Reel Rookie

The email doesn't recognize my username as valid.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@MollyB4 Do you have a working Roku device??  If so you can add the channel using that device.  Your user name should be your email, so I don't understand the email not recognizing your user name.

0 Kudos
MollyB4
Reel Rookie

My username on roku references an obsolete email account. There is no way for me to log on to it. I don't know why roku recognizes it as my username. I had to add the channel I wanted without going through roku. If there's no way to correct the username situation I'll have to abandon the service and use something else.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MollyB4,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our Account-billing team. Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos