Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usakobun

Accidentally got a subscription

20 mins ago I was trying to get Paramount+ and pay with my Amex, to get a PARAMOUNT+ reward for my monthly sub. I followed my tv prompts to get the subscription. I immediately looked at my Amex account online it shows the billing from ROKU. It needs to be from PARAMOUNT. So I canceled the sub. But that won’t stop the charged that’s still pending. Pls advise!! #Pendingcharges #cancelpendingcharge 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Accidentally got a subscription

Do you want to subscribe directly through the Paramount+ website and not through Roku? Then cancel your subscription with Roku and sign up on the Paramount website. Then contact Roku billing. Call Amex and have them cancel it. Relax. Be sure you unsubscribe to Paramount+ in your Roku account 

https://support.roku.com/category/202683127

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

If you sign up on your Roku, that subscription will be through Roku. In order to subscribe directly with a service, you need to use a phone or computer to use their web site, or sometimes you can use a phone app to sign up, but that may end up going through Google or Apple (and their 30% cut of the monthly fee.)

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

This is probably a more direct link.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos

I need to cancel CBS interactive. I have no idea what happened or how that got charged to my account

0 Kudos

Hello

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@0466 wrote:

I need to cancel CBS interactive. I have no idea what happened or how that got charged to my account

First, it may not have. Check your Subscriptions page and see if it's listed.

If it is, there should be the option to cancel it.

If it is not listed, then it's not Roku that's billing you.

First, check that page and see what's there, then we'll go from there.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Alfredo-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @usakobun,

We see you were trying to redeem your subscription credit through AMEX and signed up through the Paramount+ channel on The Roku Channel, we'd love to help you figure this out.

@andyross & @Ello2022, we appreciate the additional information provided, which directs to the Paramount website. 

Any promotions/rewards that are directly through AMEX (in this case Paramount+) must be redeemed directly through the website as stated. 

Let us look into this pending charge for you.

We'll be sending you a PM, so we can gather more information to be able to support you.

0 Kudos