Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pgonz38

Re: roku wifi says excellent wifi and has internet connection but apps wont work

This happened to me this week couldn’t get my apps to load for days. Today I hit the settings button hit reset network connection boom everything worked.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku wifi says excellent wifi and has internet connection but apps wont work

@Pgonz38 

Thanks for posting back what worked for you.  Always appreciated.

Network Connection Reset disassociates the AP (access point) and reboots the Roku, forcing a new network connection.  You may find that rebooting your router may be necessary as well in some circumstances if you run into issue again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Catc
Channel Surfer

Wow, even as a newbie, i just mentioned rebooting to another person. Guess I'm smarter than she thought after she said i didn't understand what i was purchasing w Roku, lol

THANK YOU AND I FOR ONE, AM GRATEFUL YOU'RE ON HERE

0 Kudos
Catc
Channel Surfer

There you go! 🙂

0 Kudos
Cc12

I had same issue. Worked great then my apps wouldn't load. I finally replaced it with my older version of roku and it works just fine. I used the tip previously posted, went and reset my network connection, and it worked:) thank you to those who posted the solution

0 Kudos