Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tesse
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express+ can't find or connect to any wifi networks

Jump to solution

Which internet provider do you have? Which roku model do you have?  1 out of 4 roku boxes didn’t list any networks and it was sitting right next to the router. 1 older roku express connected fine. The other 3 newer ones would not connect. I was able to connect cell phones and tablets to my router. My laptops, magicJack would not work until I made the settings change. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express+ can't find or connect to any wifi networks

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts regarding internet connectivity issues with your Express device.

If your internet service provider is Comcast, we would recommend changing your router settings for 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, or do not have Comcast as an internet service provider, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-who is your ISP (internet service provider) and what make and model is your router

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brightbox

Re: roku express+ stopped connecting to wifi

Jump to solution

Changing the setting to b/n/g from b/g on my Comcast router fixed my problem for older Roku Express devices! Thanks!