Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktmartin23
Reel Rookie

Re: roku express+ stopped connecting to wifi

Jump to solution

Thank you the b/g/n change to b/g was exactly the issue at hand. I had to login to my router to change the settings and now they can connect.

0 Kudos
Tesse
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Where do you go to make this change for roku

0 Kudos
ktmartin23
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not something done on the roku device itself. You have to login to the admin settings of your router (instructions are generally underneath the router where your wifi password would be). I had to search around a lot in the settings on the back end to find where this could be changed, but it ended up being listed with the wifi name as "mode" and it said b/g instead of b/g/n so I switched it back. The router then had to momentarily reset (which it did on it's own), but afterwards the roku devices were able to connect perfectly.

Jump to solution

Good luck, I spent 18 hours on the phone with them, then I convinced them to end a tech out because I  obviously was not tech savvy. And they tried to charge me $100 for sending the tech out, who did absolutely nothing, said he was going to check my outside lines and next thing I knew he was driving away, without as much as a goodbye.

0 Kudos
RKWAPNJ
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express+ can't find or connect to any wifi networks

Jump to solution

well my roku does not see any wifi network at all and there are many close by in my neighborhood so i dont think it can be my router. also i have 3 roku devices in my home and the other 2 work fine. I even created a wifi network with my phone that was also not found.

I moved the roku that does not work right next to my routers (i have 2 different ones) and it does not find either of them

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RKWAPNJ, sometimes these things just die.  What's the model number displayed under Settings->System->About?  If it's less than a year old you can explore a warranty replacement.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tesse
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It worked! Thanks

0 Kudos
Tesse
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@ktmartin23
AvsGunnar posted instructions along with screen shots of how to resolve this issue. Search for the topic...

Roku Express suddenly will not connect to the internet.

Then look for the response from AvsGunnar.
Good Lick!

0 Kudos
Tesse
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RKWAPNJ
AvsGunnar posted instructions along with screen shots of how to resolve this issue. Search for the topic...

Roku Express suddenly will not connect to the internet.

Then look for the response from AvsGunnar.
Good Lick!

0 Kudos
RKWAPNJ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thanks but i dont have xfinity and my roku does not see any of the many routers that i have

0 Kudos