Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattyg50
Reel Rookie

no roku live in assited living

my mother is in assisted living and im hooked up to their wifi, and it will work if you register at a hotel/dorm with her cell phone. it drops the roku live after a day, is there a way to have it the regular way? thank you for any help!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: no roku live in assited living

Hello @mattyg50

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are having on staying connected on your Roku device using the hotel/dorm wireless network.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? 
-What Roku model device are you using?
-What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
-Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get connected? How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
mattyg50
Reel Rookie

It’s a TCL tv with Roku built in, I don’t want to use the dorm/hotel option since this is where she will be living. When I pick home it says Roku live is not connected to the internet, but the tv is. I haven’t tried any other help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mattyg50

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that you will be unable to connect through the Home option due to the type of wireless network that is setup where your mother is living.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mattyg50
Reel Rookie

The problem is that it only last a day, is there a way to keep it permanently?

0 Kudos