Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sromes2
Channel Surfer

Re: no connection to the internet/multiple people posting about this/ where is customer support?

no..I can connect to my wifi, just don't get internet but if I use the device at a different location I get both

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: no connection to the internet/multiple people posting about this/ where is customer support?

@sromes2 wrote:

no..I can connect to my wifi, just don't get internet but if I use the device at a different location I get both

Well, that pretty much rules out a problem with the Roku, if it works on a different network. Assuming you've already rebooted your access point (probably your router), it's time to check router settings to see if there's some sort of privacy setting or something else that's blocking its access. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Chica4jc

I'm unable to connect and there is no live agent to help with support said due to the situation they were not answering calls for support. So now we have devices that are no good?

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Chica4jc wrote:

I'm unable to connect and there is no live agent to help with support said due to covid they were not answering calls for support. So now we have devices that are no good?

You can send a private message to @RokuDanny-R here in this forum, and he can get support in touch with you. I agree they aren't handling their support during the pandemic very well, but I have no idea how it's structured internally. It sounds like they need to overall their system process. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would first recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device
What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us with more information? What Roku model device are you using? What exactly is the issue you are experiencing? Can provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing? When did this issue start to occur? What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue so far?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sromes2
Channel Surfer

@atc98092 wrote:

@sromes2 wrote:

Well, that pretty much rules out a problem with the Roku, if it works on a different network. Assuming you've already rebooted your access point (probably your router), it's time to check router settings to see if there's some sort of privacy setting or something else that's blocking its access. 

I never thought it was a roku issue. I actually found the cause..my neighbor got a wifi extender on ther second floor and when the moved it , I finally got the internet. how do I close my thread here?

0 Kudos
stacymc
Reel Rookie

I have an update! I called my internet provider, asked them to  change my streaming to both 2.4 GHZ and 5.0 GHZ, and now my roku can find my network-  on the 2.4 GHZ)  and  both  my roku's on 2 different TV's are  back working.

All my problems started when my modem kicked out a week ago, for 10 minutes, then when it re booted back up, it didn't allow for the roku to find the 2.4 ghz , only the 5 GHZ was available. Not sure if this will help anyone else, but happy to have it working again. .

0 Kudos
MickyP
Reel Rookie

I have just purchased my 3 rd Roku unit (express) and the setup recognises my network but fails to connect to it. All my other roku units are working fine. Can this roku work on a led tv with HDMI socket but not a smart TV?

Mike

0 Kudos
jgertler36

This did not work for me

0 Kudos
renojim

@MickyP wrote:

I have just purchased my 3 rd Roku unit (express) and the setup recognises my network but fails to connect to it. All my other roku units are working fine. Can this roku work on a led tv with HDMI socket but not a smart TV?

Mike

The type of TV you have has nothing to do with the network connection failing.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos