Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sromes2
Channel Surfer

Re: no connection to the internet/multiple people posting about this/ where is customer support?

@renojim wrote:

@MickyP wrote:

I have just purchased my 3 rd Roku unit (express) and the setup recognises my network but fails to connect to it. All my other roku units are working fine. Can this roku work on a led tv with HDMI socket but not a smart TV?

Mike

The type of TV you have has nothing to do with the network connection failing.

previous answer is correct I'm using the express on an old led tv. how strong is your wifi signal?  this might be useful https://www.techtimes.com/articles/162197/20160531/access-secret-menus-roku-device.htm.

0 Kudos
DeJ

Re: no connection to the internet/multiple people posting about this/ where is customer support?

I am having this same issue. Problem is my Roku TV is not even a week old yet and is encountering these unnecessary problems. It is not the WiFi connection as everything else including my two other Roku sticks/projector and Roku app on my phone are still functioning properly. The lack of customer support is atrocious. I am beyond angry!!! It worked fine for the first two days and now nothing. I DO NOT have money to waste on such things. Has anyone figured out any solutions yet? It won't even find a network to hook up to.

0 Kudos
sromes2
Channel Surfer

@DeJ wrote:

I am having this same issue. Problem is my Roku TV is not even a week old yet and is encountering these unnecessary problems. It is not the WiFi connection as everything else including my two other Roku sticks/projector and Roku app on my phone are still functioning properly. The lack of customer support is atrocious. I am beyond angry!!! It worked fine for the first two days and now nothing. I DO NOT have money to waste on such things. Has anyone figured out any solutions yet? It won't even find a network to hook up to.

did you see this old post ?  https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/TCL-Roku-TV-loses-wifi-connec...

0 Kudos
DeJ

Thank you, but that does not help me. It is only giving me the option to factory reset the entire system. I have already done that and still nothing. 

0 Kudos
sromes2
Channel Surfer

I know its frustrating....last week I couldn't get internet but got wifi  finally asked my neighbor if they installed any wifi devices....an extender just 20 feet from my tv setup..they moved it 10 feet and now works. before covid I  use to get fairly quick response just emailing customersupport@roku.com but haven't tried since last november

0 Kudos
MickyP
Reel Rookie

Many Thanks for your input. I have finally traced the problem to a bad Cox connection all is now well.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@DeJ wrote:

Thank you, but that does not help me. It is only giving me the option to factory reset the entire system. I have already done that and still nothing. 

What brand TV? Roku does not make the TVs. Other manufacturers make them and use the Roku smart TV OS. With hardware issues, you need to deal with the TV maker. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Highland1
Reel Rookie

Were you able to get a resolve to this? I’m having the same issue and tried everything, driving me mad! 

0 Kudos
Kratai
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue. Have been begging support for help for days. Nothing. Turn my tv off. When in turn it back on... No connection. Have trouble shot the **bleep** out if this. Nothing. I have to do a total factory reset for my tv to work and as soon as i turn it off again we start all over! Tech support is nowherw to be seen. Doesn't return calls or email. Out support isn't much support at ALL. I won't buy another thing from them when this is how we are treated after they get our money.

kwstrick

Add another to the list for this issue.  C112X, purchased from Best Buy exactly 2 weeks ago. #c112x #43S525

0 Kudos