Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ladyerin79

Re: no connection to the internet/multiple people posting about this/ where is customer support?

We're having the same issues with our Roku Streaming Sticks. No connection to the internet, low download speeds, etc. Everything else that's connected to the internet is working just fine, and we rarely have had issues with our Roku devices in the 3+ years we've had them. Xfinity internet is working just fine. My husband called customer support after trying everything to troubleshoot, and while it directed him to online support due to Covid, it also gave an option to leave a message on the voicemail. He's left a phone message and email. So far we're pretty frustrated with the lack of customer support on top of having no TV to watch. Has anyone else had any luck? 

DM3546487

Re: no connection to the internet/multiple people posting about this/ where is customer support?

Same with us - last night at the same time 2 of our Roku's disconnected from our home WiFi - all phones were still connected.

emmick

We are having the exact same issue. About a week and a half ago our Roku Premier stopped seeing wireless networks—it couldn't see ours or our neighbors. It would't let us sign in when we tried inputting the network manually, either. Tried restarting the Roku and the wireless router. No luck. Tried doing a factory reset on the Roku, no luck. Our router was old, so we got a new one set up today. Still no luck. All other devices are connecting to the wireless without issue, and signal strength is strong. Was considering just buying a new one, but the one we have is less than a year old. And I came on here for support and see so many other people are having the exact same problem. What on earth happened? Is it a software bug, or a hardware issue?? 

sromes2
Channel Surfer

hi having a similar issue but  seem location related this is what's happening.....my roku device(roku 3) is not getting internet in my upstairs bedroom but does get wireless. I moved it to my living room and it works there getting both wireless and internet  but when I take my express which I had in the living room it has the same issue wireless with no internet in the bedroom. So it seems something related to location.. both have worked well in the past ..the roku 3 has been in the same location for 4 yr+...any ideas what's wrong ?...thx

0 Kudos
Riskman
Channel Surfer

I may have found an answer.

Settings -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Network Connection Reset.

Worked for me.

You will need to redo your network settings 

0 Kudos
sromes2
Channel Surfer

thx tried it but no difference

Riskman
Channel Surfer

Darn. Sorry. 

0 Kudos
sromes2
Channel Surfer

i must have some interference from my neighbor because every once and while I can get internet  

0 Kudos
ArtfulWalnut7
Reel Rookie

so when you try to connect it to the WIFI, the available connections don't even show up?

That's weird, I have not had a remote for a while due to water damage on my coffee table. We switched ISP's so the Roku hasn't been connected to WIFI yet. Since we don't have a remote, we tried changing the network info back to the WIFI info of the router the Roku was connected to before hand. when I changed the info in my router, it auto connected without me needing to do anything in settings. But the problem is even though the TV connected through the WIFI, none of the phone Apps can pair to it correctly.

The TV has to be lying to me or having a serious error because in the top right of the main menu screen of the Roku TV, it says "Not connected" but yet when I open my routers control panel and I check the list of connect devices on my network, the Roku TV shows up. But yet when I look back at the TV screen, it says "Not connected"...…  And at that moment... I realized the most recent software update was most likely programmed on a Typewriter….   🙂

The control Panel of my router would definitely not be lying to me nor would it be falsely identifying the devices on it's own network. So I don't know if my problem is the same problem as all of you or if it fits in the same category of issues but what I know for sure is that it is not my WIFI's problem.                            It is definitely a Roku Problem

When considering buying Roku products, always remember that Roku recently made a TV model that was based on WIFI capabilities, yet they proceeded to develop it without an ethernet port nor even with physical buttons to navigate the menus of the TV...

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@ArtfulWalnut7 wrote:

When considering buying Roku products, always remember that Roku recently made a TV model that was based on WIFI capabilities, yet they proceeded to develop it without an ethernet port nor even with physical buttons to navigate the menus of the TV...

Roku does not manufacture any TV. They are all made by third party companies, and Roku only supplies the operating system, which the TV maker can modify. You can't blame Roku for anything about the TV hardware design.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.