Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stacymc
Reel Rookie

no connection to the internet/multiple people posting about this/ where is customer support?

I am notching multiple people posting this weekend about having their Roku working no problem for years/ months then all of a sudden this weekend or in the past week, their roku cant connect or find their home wireless network. This has happened to me as well, I have 2 roku's that have ran fine for over a year.

I have: called my internet provider, deemed its not their issue, I have  several other devices/ tablets connected to my wireless internet. I have shut off my roku, re started it several time's  as well as my wireless modem. I have placed the roku on top of the modem, it cant get any closer. I have read, followed instruction, watched videos, nothing has helped.

What would help would be some customer service from this company!!!!A live agent to talk to would help!

55 REPLIES 55
Memaw

Re: no connection to the internet/multiple people posting about this/ where is customer support?

Exactly what’s happening to us!

Bcdc

Re: no connection to the internet/multiple people posting about this/ where is customer support?

I've got nothing!  I've reboot my internet, all other wireless devices working fine.  When I use the ROKU remote, it's making its usual clicking sounds, but no picture, no sound except the clicking sounds.  My TV is recognizing a signal is present, but....nothing.   Hey, ROKU, what's going on???

Lightmanex
Reel Rookie

Same thing happening out of the blue with mine, and it’s not even that old. <1 year.  WiFi here is fine with everything else. Rocky won’t pick up any networks, mine or neighbors.

CSYohman

I too am having this issue.

SCLady45

I’m having the same issue as well. It’s been funky for the last week or two (constantly freezing up and buffering) and just an hour ago it stopped working all together. I’ve done everything you guys have: restarted router and Roku multiple times, chatted with Xfinity through the mobile app (cuz there is no phone support anymore), searched for network, etc.

My network came up once saying “low signal strength” but since then nothing. It shows a few neighbors networks plus the Xfinity one, but all show low signal strength. I’m with you all, Help! I want to be able to watch tv on my Roku Tv again. What can we do? 

802VT

A live agent or an email contact.... We haven't moved our Roku Express and it's not working sporadically. Sometimes it won't connect at all, other times it connects and won't buffer. You can't watch anything without it having buffering issues or shutting off completely. We just upgraded our wifi so it definitely isn't a wifi issue - I've run speed tests from the TV and the signal is strong..... Ridiculous....

krussellors
Reel Rookie

Same thing is happening to me since last night,  But it is also saying on my cell phone that I don't have Internet. Do you all have Verizon? I have a Roku Express and it won't recognize my 5G on my dual bandwirh but that has never been a problem.  If I get rid of Roku, I have to buy a Smart TV, never mind a firestick.

Lightmanex
Reel Rookie

No, I don’t have Verizon as my internet provider.  But not only is my home WiFi not being detected, the other 5 or 6 WiFi networks that usually show up from my neighbors, and are showing up now on my other wireless internet devices also aren’t showing up. It’s like the WiFi in the Roku just quit working or turned off.

Lightmanex
Reel Rookie

It’s crazy, I did a factory reset, and still nothing. Scanning for wireless networks brings up nothing.