Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WillG47
Reel Rookie

internet is good, Roku devices won't connect

Jump to solution

After an almost 24 hour power failure and a subsequent delay of 7 hours to get a Wi-Fi connection (Xfinity), none of our Roku devices will connect to the internet. I have 3 - 2 are Roku Express and one is a Roku Premier +.  I've tried rebooting the Router (off for 3 minutes), rebooting the Roku devices, etc.

Wi-Fi works as before on all other devices - just not on the Roku devices.  I've gone through the setup menu multiple times and tried connecting device. It sees the network but won't connect.  My router has both 2.2GHZ and 5.0GHZ. Roku's all worked previously on 2.2GHZ.  I've tried both - one will connect to the 5.0GHz channel but when I try the various apps, none will connect (get message 'no internet connection")..

I'm about out of options to try? Could Xfinity be blocking the Roku devices???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: internet is good, Roku devices won't connect

Jump to solution

@WillG47 

The Roku Express models are 2.4 GHz only. The Premiere+ may be, depending on the model number. Model 4630 is dual band, but model 3921 is 2.4 GHz band only. I suspect the latter, but you can confirm that at Settings > System > About

Assuming your devices are 2.4 GHz only, then you should check your wireless router settings, assuming you are leasing yours from Comcast, and see if the 2.4 GHz settings are b/g/n or g/n. If Comcast has changed the settings on your setup to g/n, you should change them back to b/g/n, as this can cause Roku devices to fail to connect properly.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@WillG47 

The Roku Express models are 2.4 GHz only. The Premiere+ may be, depending on the model number. Model 4630 is dual band, but model 3921 is 2.4 GHz band only. I suspect the latter, but you can confirm that at Settings > System > About

Assuming your devices are 2.4 GHz only, then you should check your wireless router settings, assuming you are leasing yours from Comcast, and see if the 2.4 GHz settings are b/g/n or g/n. If Comcast has changed the settings on your setup to g/n, you should change them back to b/g/n, as this can cause Roku devices to fail to connect properly.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

WillG47
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This solved the problem although I still needed to call Xfinity to change the modem settings.  thank you

0 Kudos