Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rk5

hotel connectivity stopped working

My device worked fine the 1st week in the hotel and now keeps telling me it can't find the network even though it shows as a strong connection and I have signed in the way it tells me to.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: hotel connectivity stopped working

@rk5

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, are you able to connect to another wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to connect?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fbtjr

The problem is that the Roku doesn't verify a working INTERNET connection. Data in the hotel's network login page tricks the Roku into continuing as if it has a working INTERNET connection. This has been reported in the forums as a problem for almost a year. My trouble ticket #5127866 goes back to December 8, 2021. If anyone at ROKU is looking at this please review the information I have provided & consider my suggestions for fixing the problem. RESETTING THE ROKU AND LOSING ALL OF THE STORED NETWORK CREDENTIALS WILL NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. Teaching the Roku software to verify an active INTERNET connection is the solution. My Roku says it has a 98Mbps connection but it is just seeing stuff coming from the hotel login portal. If you don't understand, call me! My phone number is in the trouble ticket!

Floyd Taylor - Traveling Roku User

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@fbtjr

Thanks for the post.

If you are in touch with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them regarding your issue as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrewN

I use ROKU on trips.  The last few, I have had to reenter all passwords rather than just setting up my internet connection.  Is there a reason for this.  This has made using the device quite maddening.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DrewN

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you having to enter the password for the internet connectivity or are you having to re-authenticate your channels?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos