Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamconfusedhelp
Reel Rookie

error code 014.30 following power outage

I have a basic Roku Premiere Model 3920X, Serial number: YH0037847034. My internet connection modem is thru Xfinity Arris Model TG1682G. It runs both 2.4 & 5 GHz. The network channel is 36. Everything was working fine until a powerful lightning strike that caused no more than 30 seconds of power outage. Since then, my Roku indicates that it is not connected on the home screen. I have unplugged both the modem & the Roku several times. I have restarted both devices several times. Even turned off & unplugged the tv. lol. I am at a loss. I have tried resetting the network connection. Manually entered the information, also. Double checked to be sure that I had been using the correct password. I have read thru all of the suggestions & cannot seem to resolve the issue. I restarted the devices in the order recommended. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: error code 014.30 following power outage

The 3920 only supports channels 1 to 11 on the 2.4GHz band.  In addition, ensure the router's wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
iamconfusedhelp
Reel Rookie

My wifi is Both 2.4 and 5 GHz. I have been using the same modem (set at channel 36) and Roku Premiere together for several months. There have been no issues with internet connection until the power outage. Not sure where to find the wireless mode on my modem (no separate router). This issue literally JUST started after the lightning caused the power to go out momentarily. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@iamconfusedhelp 

As @renojim indicated, your Premiere 3920 will only work on the 2.4 ghz band of your network.  This is a single/mono band device. (it cannot see, connect, or use your 5ghz band).  Try changing your wireless mode to b/g/n under your 2.4ghz wireless settings as suggested.  Instructions below.

Xfinity / Comcast → ( https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi ) with a walkthrough ( https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
jose21

0 Kudos