Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurennb09

Error 003 - please help me

Jump to solution

my tv stopped connecting to my wifi so i factory restarted it and then unplugged it. now i have to connect it to the network to be able to access anything on the tv. when i log into the wifi it says connected and then shortly after it tells me that it’s checking for software updates and then says “please set up your network connection and try again. 003”. it is a viscous cycle i’ve been going through for 2 months now

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: error 003. please help me

Jump to solution

Hi @laurennb09,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

For this specific error code, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What to do if your Roku streaming device is unable to update software | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @laurennb09,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

For this specific error code, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What to do if your Roku streaming device is unable to update software | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bmayer

Jump to solution

White light stays on, ROKU shows on screen then goes to error 003. I have tried this on a different tv that also has a Roku stick that works, no go on that devise either. It was working two days ago.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Bmayer

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Try these simple tips and troubleshooting steps as this may help with the connectivity issue:
1. Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting).
2. Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart)
3. Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up the connection
If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds. When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

For more information on troubleshooting connectivity issues, please refer to this link: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet
Let us know if there's any difference after.

Regards,
Karla

Joe9523
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am now going through  the same thing and can't get anything to work unless I go through the TV. That's how I know for sure it's not the WIFI

0 Kudos
Joe9523
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I really tried everything. It doesn't give mean option to skip, when I hit anything including complete resets it takes me back to the same thing. A circle going round and round. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Joe9523,

We understand the issue you're having, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

If you're getting the same error code, please be aware that this error code is specific to network issues. Kindly try to reboot your router by unplugging and plugging it back in. If the issue persists, please try to utilize an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to check for differences.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos