Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect desktop PC to Roku Smart Tv

Hi everyone this is my first post here in community and i have an unusual situation. So at work they want me to have one desktop Dell Optiplex 3000 model PC connect to our Roku smart tv. The problem is that the desktop is connected via ethernet and the the Roku is wireless so they can't talk to each other. Is there some kind of dongle that I can connect on desktop and the roku tv that would allow me to have the desktop send things to the Roku TV?

Hdmi cable at this time is not an option...

Please let me know what you all think and i welcome any ideas!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: connect desktop PC to Roku Smart Tv

Theoretically you could add a Wi-Fi card or USB Wi-Fi adapter and cast to the TV.  I haven't had much luck with casting, but I have seen it work at least once.  I just tried it with a USB Wi-Fi adapter I had sitting next to me and I couldn't get it to work after trying with probably a half a dozen different Roku devices.  At best I could get a prompt on the TV screen to appear and Windows would say it was connected, but it would never actually display anything.  It was a cheap adapter and I am having graphic card issues, so that might have something to do with it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos