Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xfinity hotspot will not show up in the menu of available networks! How do I fix it please help!!

I just got a Roku premier and I am trying to connect to Xfinity hotspot. I have tried multiple times to reset it and re-search the network but no luck! I’m sure I will get some help from someone I hope!! It’s basically a public network with a password provided by the cable company and I don’t know if I am just a little confused or not because I can’t seem to figure it out at the moment 

1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Xfinity hotspot will not show up in the menu of available networks! How do I fix it please help!

Some (many? all?) Xfinity hotspots have been reported as having their use of the 2.4 GHz wifi band turned off, leaving only the 5 GHz wifi band in operation.

Roku Express/Express+ (not the relatively new Express 4K/4K+ models 3940/3941) and Premiere/Premiere+ (model numbers above 4620) are lower end units with single band Wi-Fi radios that only support the 2.4 GHz band.  They, and many other devices of all sorts that are 2.4 GHz only, can't even see the 5 GHz band, let alone connect to it. 

I'd suggest you contact Comcast and ask if they can turn 2.4 GHz support back on for that Xfinity Hotspot location.

As an alternate, you could replace that Premiere with any Roku in the current product line (with the exception of the non-4K version of the Express), as they support both 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos