Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: FIXES DO NOT WORK PLEASE FIX YOUR ISSUE

Jump to solution

Yeah - the model number is in your picture but it's very hard to read in the picture because it's black on black.  (Just above the SN which is in white.)

I can barely see 3__0X.  My best guesses would be 3900X or 3930X but a brighter bigger better picture is needed.

0 Kudos
Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

20220413_133410.jpg

I cant get any closer

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Or it might be 3700X - in any case, I think all of these are 2.4GHz only - so definitely change the g,n to b,g,n like in the link I gave above.

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

3900X - yep 2.4GHz only - see above.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Stacigarrison  The model number is in black ink. Use your flash or better lighting. Looks like 3900X. If it is a 3900X that was released back in 2017. Which makes your Roku about 5 years old now. Your Roku is old and outdated and no longer manufacture. You would gain a lot by upgrading your Roku. But follow the steps and change your Xfinity modem settings. If you use a flash or brought over better lighting you could clearly see the model number

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Ok.  Deep breath here people.

@Stacigarrison 

From your pics, we can see you have a TG1682 router with Xfinity.

The suggestion by @Strega is the likely culprit.  This router had a firmware update that is causing connection issue with 2.4ghz devices like your Roku Express.

You need to Edit your 2.4 ghz settings, change wireless mode to b/g/n, restart both your Roku and Router and you should be good to go.

Here is walkthrough with images previously posted in community.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...

Feel free to post back with update or if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

20220413_134008.jpg

Had to go under a shop light.  Any better?

@Strega wrote:

Yeah - the model number is in your picture but it's very hard to read in the picture because it's black on black.  (Just above the SN which is in white.)

I can barely see 3__0X.  My best guesses would be 3900X or 3930X but a brighter bigger better picture is needed.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar  Well written procedure with pictures. Better then any Comcast tech support 👍🏻

@Stacigarrison  It’s a 3900X. Follow the steps avsgunnar laid out 

0 Kudos
Stacigarrison
Binge Watcher

Re: Wireless network not detected - need assistance

Jump to solution

OKAY!  I will try this link info/fix.   Brb

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Stacigarrison  I just helped someone with the same issue. They switched to b,g,n and everything works