Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDU
Channel Surfer

ROKU disconnecting from my network.

Every 20 minutes approximately, my ROKU stick is disconnecting from the network.  I have tried resetting the network.  I have to just keep restarting the ROKU to get it to work.  My network is fine, and all other devices are working properly.  I have never had this problem before and am looking for some real support from ROKU.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU disconnecting from my network.

Hi @MDU,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We know how important it is to be connected to your Roku device. No worries, help is here. We suggest requesting an HDMI extender on our Support page, which should resolve the issue that you're experiencing.

We would recommend trying to submit the form here.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@MDU-

This is the only thing I know of that kicks in on a 20 minute basis:

If your Roku has a "Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings > After 20 minutes of no interaction" setting, try disabling it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
MDU
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your suggestion.  Unfortunately, that is not the issue.  I have ordered HDMI extenders to see if that helps.  It's definitely ROKU because it does the same thing connected to a hotspot from my phone.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MDU,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We regret to hear that you're having a network issue with your Roku Streaming Stick. Would you mind providing your Roku device information, such as Device ID, Model Number, and Serial Number? All these can be found in Settings > System > About.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MDU
Channel Surfer

Here is the info you needed:

Device ID- S08Y424EV6A0

Model # 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial # X01700DEV6A0

I did get an HDMI extender also and that didn't work.  All other devices connect and stay connected fine.  

Has been good for a year and the ROKU hasn't been moved.  My other ROKU device is doing the same thing now but less frequently.  I have 400+mps coming into the house so that isn't the problem either.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MDU,

Thank you for updating us!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the Support team. They're the ones that will reach you back.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos