Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TexasIndian
Binge Watcher

Will ROKU products work with other pre-installed Smart products?

Jump to solution

Replacing 16 yr old TV with new 75", but none of our choices are ROKU TV's or brands

(with ROKU 'pre-installed').  Our other TV's (except one ROKU tv) have 'sticks' installed.

Likely a stupid question (I'm 'techno-inept'):  all my current choices are pre-installed with

non-ROKU formats (Google/Fire/Chromecast/Tizen/etc).  Will a tv NOT pre-installed with

ROKU, still 'operate' like all my other TV's even after I install a new ROKU device 'on-top-of'

whichever of these other Smart formats the new tv has pre-installed??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Will ROKU products work with other pre-installed Smart products?

Jump to solution

Hi @TexasIndian,

Thanks for the inquiry.

We can certainly understand your concern that you want to know if a Roku device will work on a non-Roku TV, is that correct?

Please be advised that Roku streaming players (including the one built into the Roku Streambar®, Roku Streambar Pro, and Roku Smart Soundbar) can be connected to any TV with an HDMI connection.

To learn about all the requirements, visit our Supage: Do I need a special TV? | Official Roku Support

We hope that we have addressed your question appropriately, but reply to this message if you still have questions, and we will gladly follow up.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Will ROKU products work with other pre-installed Smart products?

Jump to solution

Hi @TexasIndian,

Thanks for the inquiry.

We can certainly understand your concern that you want to know if a Roku device will work on a non-Roku TV, is that correct?

Please be advised that Roku streaming players (including the one built into the Roku Streambar®, Roku Streambar Pro, and Roku Smart Soundbar) can be connected to any TV with an HDMI connection.

To learn about all the requirements, visit our Supage: Do I need a special TV? | Official Roku Support

We hope that we have addressed your question appropriately, but reply to this message if you still have questions, and we will gladly follow up.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos