Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi is on and strong, but my Roku randomly won’t reconnect after I use it the first time

Every single day, I am able to connect my Roku remote with the app and select a channel. After this initial connection, upon going back to change the channel etc, it will not reconnect. It’s incredibly frustrating. My wifi signal is strong, with a clear path to the router. I have the strongest connection offered. There’s no reason it shouldn’t connect more than once. It used to work perfectly fine and now the past month or so I’ve been unsuccessful in connecting. Will there be an update to address this soon!? 

PS: this happens to everyone in my household, it’s not just my device. I was also told there’s no way to get help from an agent available for my devices, which frankly is weird as I have newer models. 

I’ve read all the troubleshooting, other forums, and still no solid answers. Mods seem to just refer us back to the forums with generic info. Please help with an update or something instead 🥹

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Wifi is on and strong, but my Roku randomly won’t reconnect after I use it the first time

Hi @Emilyturner

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you having issues with the Roku remote app where it won't reconnect to your Roku device? Also, could you please provide us with the model number of your Roku? This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos