Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikeee
Reel Rookie

Wi-Fi disconnected and won’t reconnect

My device disconnected from Wi-Fi and won’t reconnect, I haven’t been able to get help. Does anyone know anything about this? Probably gonna cancel and return better off just getting a fire stick 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wi-Fi disconnected and won’t reconnect

@Mikeee 

What is your Roku model number, your router model number, and ISP (internet service provider)?  Are you seeing any error messages on screen?

Different troubleshooting for different issues.  With a little more detail of your issue, can hopefully get you reconnected.

Roku model number can be found from (Settings/System/About).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Mikeee
Reel Rookie

It’s giving me an error saying unable to connect to internet it’s the dorm setting which I previously had connected and working fine now not allowing me to connect 

0 Kudos
Nakrenn
Reel Rookie

Same issue here, I tried the forget network / system reset and didn’t work. Even tried factory reset and now it’s worse as it says it needs update.

AvsGunnar

@Mikeee 

Do you have a mobile hotspot that you can connect your Roku device to test if device is capable of making a connection?

Sometimes, just unplugging the device for a minute or two will allow everything to reset. (especially if you don't have access to the router in this situation.)

------

@Nakrenn 

Problem with hotel/dorm feature is that it requires a previously activated device in order to connect.  Since you Factory Reset your device, will likely need to take to another network, or use a mobile hotspot to complete your activation and setup and then attempt to connect it to your hotel/dorm location again.

(https://support.roku.com/article/215058118)

0 Kudos
Mikeee
Reel Rookie

I never factory reset my device I’ve tried everything the roku is just honestly a horrible product I’m just gonna stick with my original plan and take it back and purchase a fire stick way less of a headache 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Mikeee 

Might be a good option for you.  Nothing wrong with going the option that works the best and easiest in a given situation.  Without access to the router and network, difficult to see what is the cause of your disconnection.  Usually not the device's fault (unless failed or defective), but a change in network condition.  You may find that it will again connect later after the network's nightly reset.  However, understandable that all you want to do is watch TV.

FYI, the factory reset I mentioned was addressing the user that posted immediately after you.

0 Kudos
Nakrenn
Reel Rookie

@AvsGunnari follow the instructions but step 7 doesn’t work, nothing shows up on the tv screen.

AvsGunnar

@Nakrenn 

You may need to verify that Device Connect is enabled in your settings.

(Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Device Connect [enable] )

Then Restart the Roku device again and perform the steps again.

0 Kudos