Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bloodyace

Why isnt my roku found on network yet it's connected

Why does my roku appear for a short period of time on my roku app then after a few minutes it says is not found on network I've unplugged the wifi and the roku I've reset the roku and it still does it it's happening to two of the rokus in the house one is actually working but I'd like to fix the issue with my own roku it just recently started this I haven't had an issue until now the wifi works perfectly its just not showing up as connected to it on the roku up so I can't use the app or cast my movies from my phone what's going on with this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why isnt my roku found on network yet it's connected

Is your ISP a cable company? They have a habit of changing settings on users modems, and occasionally those changes can cause problems. In this case (Roku is still connected to the network), there might be a security setting in your WiFi that is blocking connected devices for seeing each other. Look in your WiFi security settings and see if it is now enabled. If your WiFi is labeled as a "guest" network, that setting is most likely enabled, and on a guest WiFi it should remain that way.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.