Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandyJ
Reel Rookie

Whoops. Something went wrong with your network - Nothing is wrong with my Network!

Recently added Roku ultra with hardwired connection.  Get the message every few minutes, "whoops, something went wrong with your network." Only Roku has an issue.  It's funny, the video and audio keeps playing behind the message.  Sure, it could simply be buffered, but audio and video never missed a beat.  Do I need to flash new firmware?  Anybody ever get an answer?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Whoops. Something went wrong with your network - Nothing is wrong with my Network!

@RandyJ ,  what channel/app are you using when this happens?  Is it only one or more than one?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NRS
Reel Rookie

Re: Whoops. Something went wrong with your network - Nothing is wrong with my Network!

Similar thing happens to us on Roku express 4K + that we just bought a week ago.  Seems to happen when streaming amazon prime that we get kicked off internet, not just the roku but all devices in the house.  Rcn came and said modem was fine and also increased modem speed and reset router.  Any advice on how to get this to stop?

0 Kudos
RandyJ
Reel Rookie

It seems this message happens when watching Spectrum TV, and when watching Bally Sports.  I have not noticed it with Hulu nor with Netflix.  But in my case, we don't seem to ever lose connectivity.  Audio and video keep playing without interruption.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RandyJ @NRS

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more specific details are about the issue you are experiencing?

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-ISP (internet service provider), router brand and model number
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NRS
Reel Rookie

Hopefully my issue is resolved.  Rcn sent senior tech last Thursday.  Apparently new modem was positioned improperly and was on channel “automatic”.  He set to a specific channel and moved the router/modem.  Fingers crossed no more issues.  So far ok after he made those adjustments. Thanks!

0 Kudos