Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fhassan

Weak signal and overheating issue on Roku Premier 3920X

Since past few months, I have noticed that the wifi signal that Roku detech is extremely weak (1 bar) as compare to full bars it used to detect. Also I have noticed that it is quite warm on touch even after 10 minutes of use. It wasn't the case few months ago. Even if I put the router next to the Roku, it only detects 1-2 bars. All of my devices are connecting to wifi with full strength in the same location without any issues.

Serial # is YH00ED179480

Software version: 9.3.0 build 4194-91

2 REPLIES 2
Tqp9999

Re: Weak signal and overheating issue on Roku Premier 3920X

I got the same issue! Something after the updates overheated the box and made the wifi signal poor

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Weak signal and overheating issue on Roku Premier 3920X

Hi @Tqp9999,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Furthermore, if the affected device is a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that both devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About

In regards to your Roku device is overheating, it's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.
For more information visit our Support page here: What to do if the red light is on or you see a “Your device is overheating” message | Official Roku ...

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos