Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MegSnyder88
Binge Watcher

Re: VPN on Roku TV for Viki app

Roku Model: 3930RW, 11.0.0 BUILD 4193-AE

Indiana, USA 

I have no idea where to check the IP address except my provider's website. 

I have no idea what Pi-hole is or how to check if an ad-blocker is running. 

0 Kudos
MegSnyder88
Binge Watcher

Thanks for that. It's super not helpful. 

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@MegSnyder88  Your other post indicated issues with your laptop. So it obviously something on your end. Nothing to do with Roku. Do a factory reset on your modem and router. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/VPN-on-Roku-TV-for-Viki-app/m-p/806863/highli...

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Your connection to the internet is assigned an WAN (Wide Area Network) IP (Internet Protocol) number by your internet provider.  This is your external IP number that tells the remote server (Viki in this case case) where to send your data.  You can use a website like https://www.iplocation.net/ to see what this WAN IP number is and where it indicates you are located. If this doesn't represent your actual area, this can cause problems with internet sources that limit distribution geographically for business or licensing reasons -- contact your internet provider and ask to be reassigned to an IP in your area.

When you connect to a home network, this allows multiple devices to share your single internet connection.  Your router assigns a LAN (Local Area Network) IP number to each device connected to your net. This LAN IP is only used within your network, not out on the internet, and is the one your Roku will show you. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X