Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MegSnyder88
Binge Watcher

VPN on Roku TV for Viki app

I restarted my router recently and my Roku Express is not registering the new IP address from my router. I can't view content on the Viki app because it thinks I am using a VPN or a proxy, though I am not. My wifi is connected for other apps, but the Viki app won't play any content. I confirmed with my internet provider that the issue is most likely coming from the Roku device. I am hesitant to restore factory settings, but I have not had any luck with either Roku or Viki support. 

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Vakko
Roku Guru

Re: VPN on Roku TV for Viki app

Your post is conflicting. Subject title says "Roku TV" but your description says "Roku Express". Doing a factory reset takes less then 10 minutes. Which model number Roku Express are you using? So only Viki does not work? All other channels work? If only Viki is not working then it is not a Roku issue. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@MegSnyder88 

Let's gather a little more information.

First, what is your Roku model number and OS version/build? Settings > System > About

Next, where are you located? Country or state/territory (if US) is sufficient. For UK, if an island, specify, as some have location issues.

Next, go to a service that will show your IP address and location. Is it reasonable? Or does it indicate you are somewhere drastically different? This could indicate your ISP is having issues and is routing you through an unexpected route. It could also indicate -->>

Are you running Pi-hole or other similar ad-blocker or other setup on your network? The IP Address check giving unexpected results could indicate that as well.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MegSnyder88
Binge Watcher

Sorry, I'm not tech savvy at all. I have both a Roku Express and a Roku tv and are getting the error message on both devices. The Viki support has not been helpful at all. They told me they whitelisted the current IP address, but that hasn't changed my content access. I have a 3930RW device for the Express. Yes, all of my other channels have been working perfectly. 

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@MegSnyder88  If all other channels are working properly and the only issue is with Viki then you need to contact Viki. They are the channel developer. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@MegSnyder88 

Provide what you can of what was requested. When you encounter something you're uncertain how to provide, just say so. For example, the "where are you" question should be easy enough, yet yo gave no response to that.

Provide what you can and we'll help you figure out how to get the rest.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@MegSnyder88  You seem to be having issues with a VPN. It clearly is not a Roku issue. What about your other post?

VPN on Roku TV for Viki app - Roku Community

MegSnyder88
Binge Watcher

I'm not using a VPN, but my Roku thinks that I am. I have no idea how to correct this. My internet provider confirmed that I am not using a VPN or a proxy. 

0 Kudos
MegSnyder88
Binge Watcher

I contacted Viki and they whitelisted the current IP address that my router is showing. However, that is not the address that my Roku is showing in my settings. 

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@MegSnyder88 The issue is all on you. You can try a factory reset on your Roku and a reset on your modem and router. But you obviously have issues with some sort of VPN you used. Roku has nothing to do with your IP address. Your even having issues on your laptop. So obviously it is something on your end. Issues with Roku, issues with phone, issues with laptop. That all points to something with your home network as you were previously told in your other post.