Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to Cast to Roku TV

Hi @mkatoma

Thank you for the post.

If your Roku TV is not showing up as an available device to cast to, you may want to try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure that your Roku TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the device you are trying to cast from.
  • Restart both your Roku TV and the device you are trying to cast from.
  • Make sure that your Roku TV has the latest firmware updates installed. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > System update on your Roku TV.
  • Check that screen mirroring is enabled on your Roku TV. To do this, go to Settings > System > Screen mirroring and make sure it is set to either "Prompt" or "Always allow".
  • If you are using an Android device to cast, make sure that you have the Google Home app installed and that it is up-to-date.
  • If you are using an iOS device to cast, make sure that you have the latest version of the Roku app installed.
  • Try resetting your Roku TV to its factory settings. This can be done by going to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.

We hope it helps! 

Warm regards,
Lianna 

0 Kudos
MikeB55

I have the same problem. It used to work fine but now the roku tv is not listed. I can see the other roku devices, just not the tv

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MikeB55

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku TV since it can't see your phone to cast. Help is here. We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Here are a few questions to better understand what you're experiencing:

• What is the brand of your phone that you're using right now?
  • Are your phone and Roku TV both on the same network?
  • Try to update your Roku TV by going to Home > Settings > System or Software Update > Check Now. After updating the software on your TV, restart your phone and try to see if the name of your Roku TV will appear.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.
Regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DjinnMagick
Reel Rookie

SAME EXACT ISSUE/Re: Unable to Cast to Roku TV

RokuNimfa-C,  Unfortunately, you have really not given mkatoma any helpful advice at all. I'm not trying to be rude at all, just realistic, but you basically just repeated back to mkatoma what s/he already said s/he can't do. Both of mkatoma's Roku TV and smart Android phone devices ARE already sharing the same Wi-Fi connection as mkatoma already stated. You came back telling her she has to have both connected to the same Wi-Fi when she plainly, already said they are both connected to the same WiFi. It's like you didn't really even read her issue, yet simply copied and pasted something you've read in a Roku manual. I'm commenting on this issue because I'm having the exact same problem as mkatoma and so many professed Roku-knowledgeable reps over the web are offering the same type of advice, but not really addressing the issue with legitimate help because y'all are just repeating back what the end-user says they've already done and double checked. SO! What are the specific workaround steps to get an Android smartphone to cast to the Bluetooth-compatible Roku TV when both devices ARE running off the same Wi-Fi network? The only streaming app on my Android smartphone that finds my Roku and casts without issue is YouTube (just like mkatoma): How to make all other streaming apps copy what YouTube can do when it comes to casting? Why can YouTube cast from my Android smartphone to my Bluetooth-compatible Roku TV, yet no other streaming apps can? If one streaming app on my Android smartphone can find my Roku TV and cast to it, then there HAS to be a way to enable all other streaming apps (that have the cast icon) to work properly. Can anyone please assist with this very specific issue? Otherwise, never mind...it's getting way too frustrating hearing a "friendly" echo that brings no support. Cheers! ‌‌‌‌  

okiedoikie
Reel Rookie

Yeah this is messed up my YouTube will cast fine my laptop cast fine but going from my Android the cast the actual cast and even go through the Roku app and trying to hit cash that way it will not work I stopped my VPN etc however the YouTube connects just fine but they're little cast icon so this is something on your guyses and also Roku you guys need to play dot 265 you know I shouldn't have to look something specific. 264 it's the 21st century you guys sell enough stuff get your act together make sure all your codex are updated or allow to be updated through a software update you need to update those codecs

0 Kudos
okiedoikie
Reel Rookie

Re: SAME EXACT ISSUE/Re: Unable to Cast to Roku TV

Rocco needs to provide support and get their act together and make it compatible instead of doing all this Bluetooth stuff that guess what doesn't work

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: SAME EXACT ISSUE/Re: Unable to Cast to Roku TV

Hi @okiedoikie,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried the provided troubleshooting steps above by @RokuNimfa-C? Furthermore, you can visit our support page here for more details: How to cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from your phone to a TV.
Let us know what you find out, and we'd be happy to assist you further.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos