Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leorawp3

Suddenly unable to connect to wireless network

I use the roku frequently. Turned TV and roku on and it is all of the sudden unable to connect to wireless network. My internet is working just fine, didn't change anything. I've restarted my roku (didn't fix) and unplugged the tv and usb (didn't fix). It reads my wifi but won't connect. 

help?

37 REPLIES 37
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Suddenly unable to connect to wireless network

Do you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP?  If so, they made a change to your router.  Ensure the Wi-Fi wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Is that on the router ? Or the Roku stick? 

0 Kudos
Sk30

I am having the same connectivity issues.  Comcast is telling me they haven’t made any changes.  Please tell me how/where to check the wireless mode.

Shaymill

I had the same issue. Here’s how I fixed it: On the back of my router it had a url to access advanced device configuration, go to that url address. Once it pops up, click Home Network at the top. Then click Wifi. It’ll have you type in an access code that was also on the back of my router. Then look for 2.4GHz. You’ll see mode, it might say g/n…so change it to b/g/n and click save. That’s what seemed to have fixed mine. I hope that helps!

Shaymill

Thank you for providing this information!! Nothing else was working for me 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Sk30 wrote:

I am having the same connectivity issues.  Comcast is telling me they haven’t made any changes.

Comcast/xFinity has been rolling out these modem changes for months.  It is remarkable that their front line support people still don't know about it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Gardengirl1430
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem and am REALLY frustrated because it is not possible to get any customer service from Roku - if I read one more article or see another video about how to connect my device to the internet I will scream! Every other Smart device in my house connects but neither of my Roku devices (including one i set up 3 days ago), but not the Roku devices. My ISP was kind enough to do a fair amount of testing with me for this issue, but since it is ONLY the Roku devices that aren't working they gave me a phone number to contact Roku - the Corporate office number, where I am told by the voice assistant that shouldn't count on any response from them - WOW! Truly disappointed.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gardengirl1430

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
J_kipe
Channel Surfer

I have same problem one one of my Roku units. It's in a room that's only 16' from Xfinity Gateway.  I used my Xfinity troubleshooting guide to tast signal. It showed an inadequate signal for proper utilization of Roku. My plan is to move my Xfinity server/Gateway closer to problem  unit.

0 Kudos