Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cecilie

Starz alerts "Your Roku has lost its internet connection" But Netflix plays fine

I recently added Starz on my Roku so I could watch a series called Power. I paid for a month. I got on Starz and tried to play the series. I select Play then it quickly says "Your Roku has lost its internet connection." I flipped on over to Netflix and no connection issues. Plays just fine. I went to Settings and it says the connection is strong.

So in short, what can I do if it says there's no internet connection on only one app? The others are fine and play. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Starz alerts "Your Roku has lost its internet connection" But Netflix plays fine

Hi @Cecilie

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
matteau31
Reel Rookie

Re: Starz alerts "Your Roku has lost its internet connection" But Netflix plays fine

I have reinstalled the Staz app on two of my Rocu devices and rebooted multiple times both warm and cold reboot multiple times.  All of my other Rocu apps works fine on both devices and my Firestick, pc and mobile phone.  I also, updated the firmware today and rebooted and have the same Roku no internet error.

Please advise if Ruko is working on updating the Starz app with a current fix.

Tim

0 Kudos
matteau31
Reel Rookie

Re: Starz alerts "Your Roku has lost its internet connection" But Netflix plays fine - Still broken

How come Roku does not have any contact options for App issues using Starz???  I want to speak to a real person via phone, email or chat.  My Starz app has been broke now for 4 days now and Starz told me to contact Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Starz alerts "Your Roku has lost its internet connection" But Netflix plays fine - Still broken

@matteau31

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Starz directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Starz channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mbrianp
Reel Rookie

Re: Starz alerts "Your Roku has lost its internet connection" But Netflix plays fine - Sti

Well, the option to remove the channel (in order to reinstall it) is hidden behind "manage subscription". So to be able to remove the channel I first have to cancel my subscription? 

0 Kudos
mbrianp
Reel Rookie

Re: Starz alerts "Your Roku has lost its internet connection" But Netflix plays fine - Sti

Ok, I was able to remove the channel without canceling my subscription through the Roku phone app and removing, restarting, reinstalling did fix the issue.

It is ridiculous to require me to cancel my subscription first in order to remove a channel. If we have a special offer like "$2.99 for the first 6 months" and I have to cancel on day 3 of service, I lose that offer if I then renew the subscription. Whether this is intentionally done by Roku or not, this issues are starting to pile up. There are plenty of streaming boxes other than Roku out there & with all of them being pretty cheap, a customer doesn't have a lot of vested money when a service really starts to go downhill...

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@mbrianp wrote:

Ok, I was able to remove the channel without canceling my subscription through the Roku phone app and removing, restarting, reinstalling did fix the issue.

That's good to know.  I don't think anyone has reported that something can be removed using the app without cancelling the subscription first.  Watch, they'll close that loophole.  The point of not being able to remove a channel without cancelling first is to avoid those "Why am I being charged for a channel I removed?" questions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mbrianp
Reel Rookie

They could solve that issue with 1 additional dialog box. Something like "are you sure to want to only remove this channel? Subscription will still be active & you will continue to be charged. Yes/No".

I mean, I've been using Roku for years. I pretty much already have what I'm going to pay for on a monthly basis. The only time I add something else is when there is one of these deals. Then I add it, Roku service doesn't work correctly, & they want me to void my deal so they can provide the service that should have worked from the start anyway? It's very frustrating and really makes me think why I continue to use them.

Just for the record though, on the phone app I went to channels & long pressed on the Starz app until it switched to a new screen. This screen gave the option to launch or remove, nothing else.

0 Kudos
mbrianp
Reel Rookie

Now the Starz app is doing it again, "your Roku has lost its internet connection", but removing, restarting, and redownloading isn't working.

I also tried to update but, none are available.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos