Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hws52
Reel Rookie

Slow wired {ethernet} connection with both Ultra and Premium+ Roku

I just upgraded from 100mbps to 500 mbps internet.  All three of my Roku's have always tested at 85-95 mbps previously.  Since upbrading my internet the tested speed on the Roku's has not changed, still between 85-95.  Testing my speed on my pc's is 460+ mbps and wireless is at 300+ mbps.  Although I dont have a streaming problem with the Roku I'm just wondering if this is a Roku hardware limitation or something else.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Slow wired {ethernet} connection with both Ultra and Premium+ Roku

Your suspicion is correct.  Roku uses "Fast Ethernet" 10/100 Mbps ports, not "Gigabit Ethernet" 10/100/1000 Mbps ports.  High 80's/Low 90's is about all you can squeeze out of a 100 Mbps connection.  This is more than adequate for streaming a single stream at a time over the internet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Slow wired {ethernet} connection with both Ultra and Premium+ Roku

@hws52 

The Roku devices (when wired/using ethernet) are capable of Fast Ethernet. (max transmission rates 100 mbps).

If you connect wirelessly/wifi to your Ultra and other ethernet capable Roku devices, you should see the higher speeds of your new internet reflected. (Settings/Network/Check Connection)

----

As a sidenote, assuming you meant Premiere+ (4630), rather than Premium+.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos