Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up roku. wifi problems

Trying to set up my new roku. everytime i enter my wifi password it says unavailable wireless connection, i’ve tried everything on the roku website to connect it and restarted it multiple times. what do i do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setting up roku. wifi problems

You didn't specify what model Roku you have. Assuming you are connecting to a 2.4 GHz WiFi radio, you should check your router to see if Mode B/G/N is selected, or only G/N. Some Roku devices have trouble with the G/N setting on some routers. Also, does your WiFi password include non-alphanumeric characters, such as an exclamation mark or Question mark? Sometimes those have caused problems as well. 

Since you are setting up a brand new Roku, here's a trick that has worked for many people (although we have no idea why). Use an alternate Internet connection, such as a hotspot on a phone, get the Roku connected to the network, linked to your account and updated, then after the update and reboot, try your home network again. This has worked for a whole lot of people for some unknown reason. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.