Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dschney
Reel Rookie

Ruko will no longer connect to wifi

Jump to solution

I have several Ruko products.  However, the ruko express disconnected from wifi and I cannot get it to reconnect.  I keep getting a password error...I have reentered it several times, the wifi strength is excellent.  I have reset the router and it still will not connect.  Any clue?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ruko will no longer connect to wifi

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the connectivity issue you've been experiencing with your Roku device.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot the issues. Follow these steps:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes, that's all it takes; if not, keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection.

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds. See if you can set up the network connection when it comes back up.

Please let us know how it works for you, and we'll continue assisting further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Curly75

Jump to solution

I just started having this exact issue with my Roku Streaming Stick (3600 series). It wouldn't connect to my 5ghz > kept asking if I wanted the 5ghz or 2.4ghz, no matter which one I selected it wouldn't connect. Then if I tried to connect to the 2.4ghz it would say password error. Now I have my 5ghz and 2.5ghz named differently. So my main network would broadcast both 5ghz & 2.4ghz bands, then I have another network that just broadcasts 2.4ghz. Once I disabled 2.4ghz from broadcasting on my main network, it allowed me to connect to the other network that just had 2.4ghz broadcasting. So I think it's an issue with the 5ghz band

0 Kudos
Wabbit

Jump to solution

One of my TVs is far from my router and the main connection was poor, so I switched my stick to my wifi extender. I tried both 2ghz and 5ghz and was not able to even finish loading my networks. I switched back to my main wifi and it's fine! Although the connection shows as poor it's fine for my viewing. Hope this helps or that you're able to find another solution.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the connectivity issue you've been experiencing with your Roku device.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot the issues. Follow these steps:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes, that's all it takes; if not, keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection.

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds. See if you can set up the network connection when it comes back up.

Please let us know how it works for you, and we'll continue assisting further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blakout192

Jump to solution

My roku tv won't connect to either my 5 or 2.4 channels. It will connect to my mobile Hotspot on my phone that's it. I've restarted my router, the TV, even factory reset the TV. Still won't connect. This has to be a roku issue. Everything else in my house is connecting to wifi no issue 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Blakout192,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that if your Roku device is connecting to your wireless hotspot, it will appear that there isn't an issue with the Roku device but with your wireless network.

• Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to?
  • Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

Feel free to keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Andrea914

Jump to solution

Having the same issue with 2 of my Roku express. Cannot locate the network and won’t connect using manual entry either. Both of my other Rokus work fine. Have followed all steps in troubleshooting with no luck.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Andrea914,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku Express since it will not connect to your Wi-Fi. We're happy to investigate further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

You may also want to view this support article here.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.