Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyya2112
Reel Rookie

Roku wont connect to wifi after factory reset and wifi restarted.

Roku won’t connect to the internet after resetting the router and factory resetting.

my brand new Roku TV 55' suddenly stopped working and will not connect to the internet. I’ve restarted it, restarted the router, and done a Roku factory reset and it still will not work. Is there any other guidance? I bought it a few days ago.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku wont connect to wifi after factory reset and wifi restarted.

@Kyya2112 

You restarted your router? You did a restart, then a factory reset on your Roku TV? If that's not correct, let me know.

You say your Roku TV will not connect to the Internet. So, will it connect to your network? Those aren't the same thing. I'm trying to understand where things are breaking down. Describe what happens when you try to connect to your network.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Roku does not make TV’s. They only make the operating system. Your TV is made by TCL, ONN or Sharp. Maybe another name. I have 2 TCL Roku TV’s. Both work fantastic. My mother also owns a TCL Roku TV. No issues. Try doing a factory reset on your TV

0 Kudos
Kyya2112
Reel Rookie

I restarted everything. It won't connect to any wireless networks. When I try to connect it says no wireless and that I should restart router. 

0 Kudos
Kyya2112
Reel Rookie

I factory reset it and still having issues sadly.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Never said restart. I said do a factory reset on the TV. That basically puts it back to like it was new. I find it hard to believe your having issues. So your TV will not connect to your WiFi? Did you try both the 2.4 and 5.0? This isn’t a Roku issue either. Who manufactures your TV? Does it have an Ethernet port? Mine do. Try that 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Kyya2112 

Just want to confirm a thing.

Factory reset of a Roku TV is done one of two ways. There's a third way that's wrong. So...

1. Use the menu system to do a factory reset. That will accomplish it.
  2. With power applied, press/hold the reset button/pinhole (depending on manufacturer) for at least 30 seconds. That will also accomplish it.
  3. Pressing reset/pinhole for less than 30 seconds. This is where things go wrong. Do one of the other two.

So, if you did a factory reset, and things aren't connecting, you may have a TV with bad wireless hardware. You say you just got it? Take it back. Roku doesn't build the TVs, just the streaming boxes. They license the software to TV manufacturers, and that's what's called a Roku TV.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@DBDukes Good advice. Everyone things that cause it says "Roku TV" that Roku makes it. But the box it came in and on the TV itself there will be something like TCL, ONN, Sharp or Hisense. If it has an ethernet port he can hook to that. If it works then the WiFi adapter in the TV is NG. Hard to believe actually. My 32" TCL Roku TV is like 3 years old and going strong. Works on both 2.4 and 5.0

0 Kudos
Jinenty

I have the same problem

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Jinenty 

Same problem? Try that same solution.

DBDukes