Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kpere147

Roku won’t find my wifi network but my laptop and phone can

I just recently moved and I tried setting up my TV and roku. I have Roku Premiere and I’ve never had issues setting up the wifi but for some reason it won’t find the network of the new place I’m at. I live in an efficiency attached to a house. The landlord called Xfinity to have them come and fix it and they said they fixed something and everything should be running fine. My phone and laptop are connected to the wifi and are working correctly. I scanned to see all networks but nothing. I tried manually inputting the SSID. I have tried resetting the roku and I’ve unplugged everything and the landlord reset the modem so I’m at a loss for what to do! Someone please help. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku won’t find my wifi network but my laptop and phone can

Which model do you have?  Some models labeled "Premier" have dual band radios, but others are 2.4GHz only.  If you have one of the latter, you need to make sure the router is broadcasting on 2.4GHz and in modes b/g/n.  Some ISPs have sent out firmware updates that have turned off 2.4GHz entirely or reduced it from b/g/n modes to g/n only. 

I've had to go to my parents' place twice so far to turn the 2.4GHz back on on their router to get their printer working.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Kpere147  Which Roku Premier model do you have? If it’s the base model it only works on the 2.4GHz WiFi channel. Please follow this 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/t...

Kpere147

I believe it’s just the regular premiere. I don’t think it’s premiere +. It’s says Model: 3920X-Roku Premiere. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Kpere147  That’s the base model which only works on the 2.4 signal. Please follow the instructions I linked you too