Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WarmPoet
Reel Rookie

Roku won't connect to internet

I've restarted my Roku device and my internet numerous times yet my Roku device refuses to connect. My other home devices connected quick and easily. Despite my Roku device saying excellent connection it won't connect to it!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won't connect to internet

Are you getting any error messages/codes when you try to connect?  What's the model number of your Roku displayed under Settings->System->About?  Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
WarmPoet
Reel Rookie

It gives error code 014.30, it says it can't wirelessly connect to the router. We've reset it so many times as well as the Roku system yet it still won't connect. I even did a factory reset yet nothing and I rather not say my ISP

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@WarmPoet-

The reason asked for your Roku model number is that some more basic Roku models only work in the 2.4 GHz wifi band, while most others work in both 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands.  Knowing your Roku model can help in narrowing down suggestions that apply to your particular Roku model.

Likewise, there are some problems that can be caused to ill-advised router updates, especially from a few known internet providers.  If you tell us your internet provider, it can help determine if this might be the cause of your problem.

Lacking both these pieces of information, I'm going to take a guess.

Your problem may have been caused by an update to your router which affects some Roku models. If you receive this update it changes the router's wifi connection parameters for the 2.4 GHz wifi band from b/g/n to g/n. This has been reported for routers supplied by Comcast/xFinity, Cox, and AT&T, but there may be others.

Affected users report the Roku identifies the local network as available and rates the connection quality, but will not then connect. The fix is to switch the router configuration protocols from the g/n wifi set by the update back to b/g/n.

Thanks to forum user @AvsGunnar for providing the links below to instructions for reconfiguring router settings for the listed internet suppliers. If you can't do this yourself, you may need to contact your internet provider to make these changes for you:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos