Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jrose88

Re: Roku won’t connect to internet after resetting router and factory reset

My roku was working on Friday and ever since than it won’t connect to the internet /WiFi. I have followed the steps on the roku thousands of times to resetting the roku to resetting my router. Which neither of that worked, than to resetting my factory reset which deletes everything I have to like restarting my roku like the first time but with the only problem is now I can’t get pass the wifi setup after selecting English to setting up the WiFi connection and it still won’t connect to the internet/WiFi connection when my wifi is at excellent connection. My phone, tv, and other Devices are connected to my wifi, and I still can not get my roku to connect 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Jrose88

Thanks for the post.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Imfacial

I have the exact thing happening with both my express and premiere… both stopped the same day… and I’ve done all of the above… multiple times!!! Signal strength is topped out, router was reset multiple times, factory resets abroad… and no matter how many times I enter my router, they fail to connect….

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Imfacial

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

The suggestions in my post above may help. Try giving them a shot. Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rhill2901

This has happened to me quite a bit.  My solution is to find an alternate network connection and connect to it with the Rokiu.  Once you have a successful connection, switch the network settings back to your original connection. It’s a bug in the software. Maybe something is going on with it when you disconnect power? Just a guess but this has always worked for me.

0 Kudos
Nursemom

I have restarted my router multiple times and my roku. I did a factory reset twice and nothing. It wont connect to the internet. My roku TVs wills but not my thing that comes in a box from Walmart. I have been having issues with it staying connected, now it wont connect at all. This is **bleep**. It needs to be fixed. 

0 Kudos
Hyperdi

I am also having the same problem tried all the reset suggestions still says no connection my wireless internet connection us good

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Hyperdi, if you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP does "all the suggestions" include ensuring your wireless mode is set to b/g/n? For Comcast/Xfinity:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As previously stated, in order for us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, we will need more detailed information about the issue you are seeing:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did this issue start to occur

With more specific information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gama1one
Reel Rookie

I’ve already provided that info. Please refer back to my original request. The fact is that this May be the last Roku product I purchase. It’s disappointing that I still don’t have an answer, ad that the best thing your employee can do is give out a reprimand.

It’s obvious you have a recurring issue with your product. Waiting for your response.

Dissatisfied customer

0 Kudos