Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larryh123
Level 8

Re: Roku won't connect to Wifi it was connected to?

US - channel 9 - clear channel - just my WiFi devices - no others (my router sniffs the channels to tell me that info). 

0 Kudos
Grrrrrr
Level 8

Kariza, 

I’m having the same issue, I too live in a hotel. We have not changed anything about our WiFi… I even tried the WiFi tech support put it in behind the scenes.. the Roku will not connect. I need your assistance .

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Larryh123, the only other thing I can think of is a known problem with routers running OpenWRT and legacy mode, but that probably would have shown up a few months ago.  However, if you are using OpenWRT or some other open source router firmware you might want to look into it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jolosturo
Level 7

Just happened to us. We tried everything, until the second day, we tried rebooting the system on Roku menu. Under settings on main menu. I think it's settings>system>system reboot

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hello @Jolosturo

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Are you getting an error code or message? Refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, if the affected devices are Roku Express or Roku Premier, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About or underneath the player itself.

Please keep us posted. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Grrrrrr
Level 8

Hi Kariza,

it won’t detect any network at all. This is the same network it has been connected to for 4 months. I was able to get I connected again after factory resetting, but again since last night it will not detect ANY net work. I live in a hotel that I manage, noting has changed about our WiFi…

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Grrrrrr

Thanks for the post.

It looks like you are currently in contact with our Support team. We would recommend continuing to work them moving forward as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Grrrrrr
Level 8

Well with hundreds of ppl saying the device just stopped working over night… this is what Roku said to me after like 10 emails…

Thank you for the response. We apologize for the delay in response. We understand that the issue persists in spite of resetting the device. The device seems to be defective and we recommend you replace the device. You can purchase one of the latest devices from our website.

Larryh123
Level 8

Their answer - buy a new device. Some support. 

Maybe this is a ploy to make people buy new devices rather than address the issue with these devices. 

Bravo Roku - to heck with support - just buy a new one. 

0 Kudos