Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoMoreRohKoo
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won't connect to Wifi it was connected to.

Danny’s (a roku employee) reply is insane. I, too, have this problem. Roku that worked for months and all of a sudden can’t connect even though it sees the SSID. You’ve got dozens, maybe hundreds, of people here with the exact same issue. “Did you try to move it closer to the router?” 

haha. What a joke. This roku will meet my garbage can and I’ll just splurge for an Apple TV. 

0 Kudos
Es0terin
Reel Rookie

So for me at least the new firmware has fixed the PROBLEM, so Clueless @boogernose, all your false, trite, irresponsible advice has been proven moot and false. @boogernose should really take up a new hobby, Roku should do something for all of us for breaking their devices and not being honest with us. I hope the update fixes all of your connection problems as well as it did for my 3 different devices.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@NoMoreRohKoo

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What OS is your device currently on? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network? What troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve the issue?

With more specific information about what you are seeing, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoMoreRohKoo
Reel Rookie

I have an express+ with the latest software, updated May 12. I have the same exact issue everyone else here has. Network worked fine, will no longer connect. I’ve read all the articles you’ve linked to. I’ve restarted the WiFi. I’ve restarted the roku. I’ve changed the broadcast channel. No dice.

I did a factory restore last night. Set it back up. It connected to WiFi. I watched tv for about 20 minutes. It disconnected again, and can’t connect to the network again. Then I unplugged it and stuffed it in a drawer.

I don’t work for Roku and don’t want to spend my time doing your job. The alternatives aren’t *that* much more money and if an Apple product stops working I can just walk it into an Apple Store. If Roku’s official response to all the people here with the same exact issue is to suggest the same troubleshooting that does not work, then the products aren’t worth owning, regardless of the price.

0 Kudos
tee_run
Binge Watcher

@NoMoreRohKoo I completely agree...well said! I was able to solve the same issue as everyone is having by getting my ISP (Spectrum) to give me a new modem. Brought the new modem home, plugged and played and Roku devices have stayed connected ever since. Not sure if that helps, but I thought I'd share. 

0 Kudos
Djkk10
Reel Rookie

Ran into same Indian scammers! Told them to get a life as I would not spend $69 to a fix a $29 piece of equipment…cheaper to go out and buy a new one!

0 Kudos
Britt71

Having same issue with Roku Express.It won't connect to the wifi. Spectrum wifi.The TV screen doesn't change to show Roku screen or even acknowledge its even hooked up! So disappointed in Roku.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Britt71, if you're not getting anything on your TV screen then that has nothing to do with your Wi-Fi.  Solve that problem first.  If you're using the TV's USB port for power try the supplied power adapter.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos