Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC25

Roku won't connect to Wifi it was connected to.

I am having an issue my Roku it has been connected and now won't connect to the router at all, doesn't even "see" it. All my other devices are connected, but it does not "see" the router. I restarted my router, my Roku, factory reset my Roku, all of the suggested steps prior. All the wireless signals it gets, is weak, doesn't connect, even if I use my mobile hotspot it's weak(that connected but faint) that's in the same room. It I shouldn't have to move my Roku around or into another room, when it has been working just fine in the room it is in. I want to connect it back to my router, could an update messed with signal? Some assistance would be great, thank you. 

177 REPLIES 177
Sam30204

Re: Roku won't connect to Wifi it was connected to.

Same here. Quit connecting to same and saved WiFi and will not connect

ive done all the normal reset mess with my router and the device itself and NOTHING! 🤬 WiFi working intensively everything else. This thing is less than a year old! 

roku?? Hello help keep customers 

Kristine71

Same with mine it did an update and crashed half way through and now won’t connect wireless but I can connect hard wired.  Wonder what is happening. I filed a report but have not received an answer. So frustrating 

boogernose
Roku Guru

If you can use Ethernet use t, I do. Its worlds away better.

Otherwise reboot your Router and try again.

You probably all need to reboot your Routers.

If once doesnt do it try again.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Onree1
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. I have a stick and 2 ultras. They were working great then all of a sudden the stick and one ultra would not connect to the internet. I’ve tried everything to remedy the problem. I rebooted the router, stick and a factory reset on it. Still nothing. They are less than a year old. I wanted to by 2 more so I could get rid of direct tv but I am afraid to now! What can I do? Do these work on 2.4 or 5 ghz?

boogernose
Roku Guru

Use 2.4 ghz.

Does your Roku see the SSID of your 2.4 ghz signal?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Leightonux

I have the same problem after updating 😟

0 Kudos
Akglenn225
Streaming Star

Mine did the exact same thing yesterday. It’s less than a few months old, I have excellent internet because I work from home and the router is no more than 6 feet away from the device. I’ve put it on the tv right next to the router and it won’t see my network. It sees a bunch of other irrelevant networks, just not mine, even though it’s been connecting perfectly for the last 3 months. I’m very frustrated. I have factory reset the thing and troubleshooted the **bleep** out of this device and still nothing. On top of that, where do you contact support? 

Szabic
Channel Surfer

Same exact issue! A few days ago my Roku just quit connecting to my wifi to which it has been connected FOR YEARS without issue. It can see the proper network, but can’t connect. I’ve restarted everything a dozen times, re-entered my password, change channels on my router after running an optimization app, checked the signal strength, and all the other possible fixes. My other wireless devices work perfectly!  The only thing I haven’t tried is a factory reset on the Roku. I don’t want to do that. It seems like there is a larger pattern of problems here? Has anyone heard from tech support? 

wasteproduct
Reel Rookie

Same issue started this week. I am regretting buying Roku. So many issues and Roku is not listening. They us to keep rebooting the router