Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomrosa
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku suddenly won't connect to wifi

Jump to solution

I have the excact same problem with my Roku Express.  
Worked fine, then stopped connecting -- the Roku works otherwise.
Everything else works on network. The Roku will not work on any TV.
Turned everyting on and off, and tried reconnecting many times/
I also suspect the network card in my Roku died.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tomrosa

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you reply here with the model number of the affected Roku Express? It can be found in Settings > System > About. Also, if your internet service provider is either Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tomrosa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response.

My Roku having the problem is Model 3900X.
I have Comcast as an ISP.  The device worked correctly with my network until yesterday. I have another Roku, and that still works correctly.
I don't know how to adjust the Settings you mentioned...I don't see them on the Comcast app.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Tomrosa

Appreciate the reply.

Firstly, please be advised that your Roku Express (3900X) is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. We'd recommend contacting your internet service provider if you need help modifying your router settings. 

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tomrosa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks.  Please note that several other folks in this forum have noted that their Express devices worked fine on their networks, but suddenly stopped working.   I have made no change on my Comcast network prior to the time my Express stopped working.   I WILL contact Comcast, but I hope Roku will also contact them to let them know this is a problem.  If they unilaterally changed their settings in a way that means Roku Express no longer works, that is a broader problem than can be addressed in this forum.  I strongly recommend that Roku contact Comcast to advise this of this issue.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos