Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is it so difficult to connect Hotel/Dorm option!?

Jump to solution

I'm staying at a Marriott property at the moment. My new Express 4K + has of course never connected to any hotel before, so no prior connections. It hooked up without an issue using my iPad as the control device. After two days, I had to re-authenticate on the hotel system. It again worked as expected, so I had no issue reconnecting to the same network with a new authentication. Seems to be working as expected. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Sweetnici1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Im having some problems as well. I’ve been trying all day to get this Wi-Fi to Connect. I’ve tried everything I can think of I even contacted TCL customer service and I did everything they told me to do and it still not working. In order for me to access the Wi-Fi I need to be able to connect to hotel or dorm. The problem is it only gives about three seconds to Get connected and sign in which is not enough time I have no idea what’s going on but Roku really needs to change that it doesn’t make sense at all and I’m very very very frustrated I’ve literally been trying this all day I’ve tried contacting customer support on Roku say and the person was just ignoring me and not responding back to me this is crazy

jc37801
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve had one of my devices for three weeks and I still have not been able to connect. Roku has been no help at all, I’m returning it and getting a firestick at this point 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

endless repetitive post. Copy paste, copy paste. Roku employees...the solution doesn't work. Unable to connect to wireless network. It's an open network, no room number no web page. And the signal strength is good. Roku premiere is absolute garbage. Enjoy the last 60 bucks. My old Roku was so good I wish I never have it away to help someone just to have this useless fish tank screen.

Sweetnici1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

And they won’t fix it. It’s been going on for months and months and months multiple people have been complaining and they don’t do anything about it

Sweetnici1
Channel Surfer

Re: Hotel / Dorm Mode for Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

I found a solution!! Download connectify on your computer thats connected to your wifi and create a hotspot and you will be able to connect tv to the wifi. 

0 Kudos
Rmksi

Jump to solution

I am trying to connect my roku to a friends network.  The roku finds their network and asks for the password. When I click connect it tells me it can not connect to my home network, which is not the network I am trying to connect to.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

It's not clear what's happening, but try a "Network connection reset" from Settings->System->Advanced system settings.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Gvlauren
Reel Rookie

Direct Roku for dorm is not showing

Jump to solution

So, I have been 4 days without being able to watch tv al because my TV WILL NOT CONNECT TO WIFI because of the “Direct-Roku” thing it ask for when you live in the dorm. If someone could help me solve this problem, I would highly appreciate it. Count your days Roku, cause this is not the first time that this has happened. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Direct Roku for dorm is not showing

Jump to solution

@Gvlauren-

Many hotels, dorms, etc, are set up with a wifi system that you connect to by logging in on a web page via an internet web browser. This establishes your connection for that device.

The Roku has no web browser. In order to log the Roku into the net's web page, you log in via your computer/phone/tablet as usual but you run it through the Roku instead of directly.

You do this by connecting your computer or mobile device to the Roku via a wifi-direct connection. When you then log into the system's web page while connecting through the Roku it establishes the Roku's connection.

This Roku page explains the process: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos