Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VincereAutMori
Channel Surfer

Re: It still didn't work in the hotel no matter what I do

Jump to solution

What do I do if Im at a really small motel/hotel and they have no IT desk? Just a family run business.. they refuse to even tell me their ISP account info and to be honest are very suspicious of my intent. Laughably of course. They recently updated or reset their networks. Anyone who was here prior no longer can connect to the wifi with those devices. Please help.

0 Kudos
VincereAutMori
Channel Surfer

Re: It still didn't work in the hotel no matter what I do

Jump to solution

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Roku-stick-not-getting-Dorm-and-Hot...

This is a Permalink of the post that I was replying to. If you understand what he is saying then you can suggest what I'm here for. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Khook

Hotel/Dorm connection issues

Jump to solution

Hello. 

i have the express 3900rw. I have had no trouble in the past connecting when I stay at hotels. It shows the “I am at a hotel/dorm option” and k follow the steps and connect just fine. 

this weekend, however, I am at a new hotel. I set up my wireless connection and it “connected” straight through without the hotel/dorm option. It read as connected with a strong signal. Yet when I test the connection or try to stream anything it tells me there is no internet connection. I know this is because I did not get the hotel/dorm option so I had no way to authenticate through a browser. 

I’ve tried a network reset and a factory reset. It still goes straight to “connected” and never gives me an option to authenticate. 

I’ve been using the hotspot on my mobile device while staying here. (Good thing I have unlimited data). 

Commander_keen
Reel Rookie

Re: Hotel / Dorm Mode for Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R since new threads are merged in to this one, it would make sense to unmark this as solved since the issue obviously isn’t solved, right? Otherwise, these new issues should warrant a new thread. 

Dbutchc78

Re: Why is it so difficult to connect Hotel/Dorm option!?

Jump to solution

I tried a thousand times I'm connected put in the code says unable to process at this please try again later.. what am I doing wrong ? By not smashing it. P.S I'm at hotel 

0 Kudos
Dbutchc78

Jump to solution

We need assistance,well help me out I even youtubed it still will not work

0 Kudos
ron92646
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I finally remembered my amzon phire stick on my last hotel trip and it worked perfect with bringing up a web-like page to put in my hotel room number and last name as most hotels require to access their internet.  All the apps I use but with no problems.  Of course it's not as familiar as my roku, but it's no problem accessing the internet.  I believe you can get this device for about $20.  

0 Kudos
piapet

Jump to solution

Another ROKU user.  Connected successfully at the Courtyard hotel.  Then drove to another town 6 hours away and now the ROKU will not connect at the Fairfield Hotel.  It thinks it is connected but it never goves me the Hotel/Dorm option to log in for the splash page.  It thinks it's connected but no internet.  Resetting the network connection does not do any good.  We need to be able to manually set up the Hotel option and not reply on the ROKU to detect a splash page.

Juliemoe72

Jump to solution

I understand, for the first time i have taken mine as we are staying at a resort for a week. It keeps telling me to type into my cell DIRECT-roku-HHD-8387DE which brings you to the roku’s basic page. And type in a password. Um where? There is no where it is an assistance for their links which has absolutely nothing to do with what i need. Will know better then to plan for it next time. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Juliemoe72 When you connect your computer/phone to the Roku in direct mode, a web browser is supposed to take you to the hotel's authentication page. For unknown reasons, most likely something to do with the hotel's gateway settings, the Roku isn't recognizing it's at a hotel and the authentication page never appears. Roku needs to add a way to trigger hotel mode manually.

I was just thinking, the hotels might be configuring their WiFi this way intentionally, as a way to try to force you to use their provided media access. Just a thought. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.