Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Turmoilbreak1
Channel Surfer

Re: Hotel / Dorm Mode for Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

My Roku stick is activated and it gives me a Roku direct number to find in my wifi. But when I into my wifi is not there at all even after refreshing and turning my wifi off and on.  I Fing find it and it's really frustrating

Scrambles

Roku Dorm/Hotel connection

Jump to solution

I keep trying to connect to a wifi system that you need a web interface to connect to. I go through all the steps in the dorm/hotel connection. (connecting my laptop to the roku and signing into the webservice through the browser).

At that point the internet is working fine on the roku and i can load up all the streaming apps but as soon as I shut down my laptop I lose connection on the roku. Is the internet connecting being piped through my laptop which I absolutely don't want. Can anyone let me know how I can get this hotel connection to work after turning off my laptop?

Hotel/Dorm Option not launching

Jump to solution

I am at a campground. The internet here requires you to click a box to accept terms and conditions. I was able to do this on my laptop, but my Roku TV cannot connect. I have read about the hotel/dorm option, but that does not pop up. Any other workarounds?

Jas223

Re: Hotel and Dorm connect error

Jump to solution

Trying to enter the password 

0 Kudos
Datcampbell53
Reel Rookie

Re: Hotel and dorm connection issue

Jump to solution

We had a similar issue in a dorm room. We solved it by registering the MAC address of the ROKU device with the internet provider. This also solves our issues with his Nintendo Switch. I’d call the college IT group or internet provider. They both had ways of registering MAC addresses for devices that don’t have internet browser capabilities. 

0 Kudos
rondy1991

Jump to solution

I've got it all the way set up but I'm still not getting this option, even in advanced settings. there simply is no option there, and when i try to connect it suggests I restart the device, which i have done multiple times. How can I enable this feature?

0 Kudos
rondy1991

Jump to solution

Hello, I've got my roku set up by using a hotspot but I still see no option for hotel and dorm connect- I've looked everywhere (yes, everywhere)! when i try to connect it suggests I restart my roku, which I have done multiple times. how can I enable this feature?

alanbarta
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am at a Marriott property and am having exactly the same problem.  Very frustrating.  Registering MAC address with ISP for two nights not feasible.  Already wasted an hour of my time racing the clock to put in password.  Have done this a half dozen times at other hotels including Marriotts with no problem.  I will keep searching for a solution.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@alanbarta wrote:

I am at a Marriott property and am having exactly the same problem.  Very frustrating.  Registering MAC address with ISP for two nights not feasible.  Already wasted an hour of my time racing the clock to put in password.  Have done this a half dozen times at other hotels including Marriotts with no problem.  I will keep searching for a solution.

While I haven't traveled since March, I have stayed at Marriott properties many times over the years using a Roku. I was always having issues getting authenticated when using either my iPhone or iPad. Once I switched to using my Windows laptop, I never had another issue. No idea what the issue is with iOS devices, but that's what worked for me. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
alanbarta
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks!  I don't have a Windows device with me.  I have tried two different iOS devices (iPhone & iPad), a Chromebook, and an Android device.  The problem remains the same in that the option to connect to the Roku itself only flashes on the screen for a few minutes which is not enough time to type in the passcode and connect.  I would have to put my Chromebook into Developer Mode to spoof the MAC address and I have not ever done that.  I have ordered a travel router for future travels.  I have connected my Roku to by using my phone as a mobile hotspot.  Not ideal but it works.  My son is a bicycle racer and he is in a race in Italy that I am able to watch on my Roku.  Wish they had the ability to set a longer timeout on the Roku.

0 Kudos