Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merry3

Re: Roku signal strength excellent but won't connect

Jump to solution

I was able to find my router settings. Does this verify that my roku should be working?Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 1.02.24 PM(1).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-15 at 1.02.31 PM(1).png

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku signal strength excellent but won't connect

Jump to solution

@Merry3 

That does indicate the 2.4 GHz network is running, but it doesn't specify is the settings are b/g/n, which Roku requires, and your device apparently had (it was working). Again, AT&T is one of the ISPs that have been changing settings. Comcast is one. There are others, major players, doing this.

There should be a way to see the settings for the 2.4 GHz network, and possible change them. Comcast has begun locking theirs down, and if AT&T is doing the same, you'd have to call them. Or use your own.

You didn't ask this, but here goes anyway: a possible tactic would be to see how much you're paying AT&T for the router each month (Comcast charges $17/month here; don't know AT&T pricing). Considering you can get a router for under $100, if they are charging you $8.83 or more per month, you'd come out ahead buying a brand new router every year. Not trying to talk you into that, but if they had to choose between changing the settings back (and leaving them there) or losing $10-15+ per month from you, they may give in.

But, if you can find how to view/change the settings on the router, that would be the simplest solution.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos