Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megwoodb
Reel Rookie

Roku player won't connect to any TV

My Roku player won't connect to any TV, we have three brand new HDMI cords we tested and they worked fine with other devices, then we tested the Roku on two TV's and a computer monitor. It worked just fine on the computer monitor but not on either of the TV's. The power light does come on just fine, I even tried pressing the reset button and letting it do it's thing but it didn't work. 

It worked last night just fine until today. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku player won't connect to any TV

@Megwoodb 

When you are using the Roku device with the TVs, have you tried using the power adapter and plugging into wall outlet?  If so, have you tried using a different power adapter (for most Roku devices, any 5volt, 1amp cell phone charging adapter will work).

What is the model number of the Roku device. (Settings/System/About).  You may need to plug back into monitor to get this info or look on the device itself.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Megwoodb
Reel Rookie

As I mentioned, the power light comes on just fine in all instances. There is just no signal to the TV's. But yes, we tried with three different power adaptors when testing it between two TV's and a computer monitor. 

Model: 3930X

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I hope this isn't too simple-minded, but are your sure the TV is set to the correct input?

Megwoodb
Reel Rookie

Lol, pretty simple minded. 100% I checked that. Even tested other HDMI ports/inputs. 

I want to note, I even took the device apart to look at the HDMI port to make sure it wasn't damaged and needed to be soldered. It's all intact. 

I just don't understand how it would work flawlessly forever then one day just stop communicating to just TV's. I even reset my TV's.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Megwoodb 

Since it seems to work on the computer monitor, try taking it back there and manually setting the Display Type to 720p. (do not use auto-detect).  Then take it back to your TV and see if it works.

Settings/Display Type/[720p]

-----

If the above does not work, try doing a Factory Reset on the Express 3930.  I know you said you pressed the Reset button, but a short press on the Reset button will only do a reboot, not a full factory reset so not sure if you performed one already.  You can either Factory Reset by Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset or by pressing and holding the Reset button for 30+ seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos