Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimphooey

Roku not showing hotel prompt

I am at a Sheraton (Marriott Bonvoy) and I’m having the same issue. So frustrating.

6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not showing hotel prompt

Hi @Kimphooey,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry if it caused any difficulties trying to connect your wireless connection on your Roku device. I can understand how that may be frustrating. We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding How to use Hotel and Dorm Connect to connect to the internet | Official Roku Support

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Wootton
Binge Watcher

There is 4 pages of bug reports in this one thread and there are a half dozen threads at least all reporting the same bug. 

why bother posting try the FAQ when it’s clearly a bug and it’s clear ROKU never intends on fixing it???

Mlox11
Channel Surfer

My simple answer dump roku and buy an apple tv box that's what I did! What a difference, never an issue at hotels just do basically the same connecting but I use my iPad to patch the apple TV to the hotel wifi works every time. You're right roku has their head up their ass and refuses to ever fix or address the problem so move on, that's what technology and competition is all about. Bye roku thanks for nothing. 

0 Kudos
Susan66

You Roku people keep answering by posting the how to set up link. It's NOT working. Read the thread. We've all used it before. We are not getting the option you describe. FIX IT! 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Susan66 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Neosocra

I concur, stop replying with the FAQ when a bug is being pointed out. It is obnoxious noise and hides true bug data as well as real solutions.

1) power to the MAC spoof. Didn't think of that at first, and can't speak to Windows but anyone with a Mac or Linux laptop can quickly do it straight through sudo ifconfig or homebrew utilities like spoof mac the just wrap a not-complicated process. My phone can randomize MAC for security; I wonder if I can use a utility to do the same.

So far this is the ONLY solution I've tried that not only works but is a breeze to the dispersing ROKU network BUG

2) If your phone can make a mobile hotspot with "Wi-Fi Sharing" then that's the second easiest to just proxy through your phone that is not impacted by the ROKU bug that fails to persist the ROKU hotspot from hotel typical interface long enough to actually authenticate.

DUCTTAPE HACKS ARE NOT REASONS NOT TO FIX A CLEAR ROKU BUG.

0 Kudos