Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idontlikeit666
Reel Rookie

Roku not connecting to wifi, but wifi is working

Roku randomly decided to no longer connect to my wifi. Signal strength is excellent, all other devices are working on the wifi. 

Restarted device, network, factory reset the device. The router is 4 feet away from the Roku. Roku connects to mobile hotspot. 

Manual update check with no new updates. This Roku has been working fine for 2 months. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku not connecting to wifi, but wifi is working

Hi @idontlikeit666

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If your Roku device is not connecting to Wi-Fi, but other devices in your home are able to connect, there are a few things you can try:

• Restart your Roku device: Simply unplug your Roku device from the power source, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in. This may help to resolve any connectivity issues.
  • Restart your Wi-Fi router: Sometimes, the router may need to be reset to resolve connectivity issues. You can do this by unplugging the router from the power source, waiting for a few seconds, and then plugging it back in.
  • Check your Wi-Fi signal strength: If your Roku device is too far away from the Wi-Fi router, it may not be able to connect. Make sure that your Roku device is within range of the Wi-Fi signal.
  • Check your Wi-Fi network settings: Ensure that your Wi-Fi network is visible and that the network name (SSID) and password are correct.
  • Check for any updates: Make sure that your Roku device has the latest software updates installed. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > System update.
  • Reset your Roku device: If all else fails, you can try resetting your Roku device to its factory settings. This will erase all settings and data on the device, so be sure to back up any important data before doing so. To reset your Roku device, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
idontlikeit666
Reel Rookie

As I posted in the description I did all of this and none of it worked

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@idontlikeit666, what's the model number displayed under Settings->System->About?  Do you get an error message or code when you try to connect?  If you're trying to connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi channel ensure your router's Wi-Fi mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos