Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bestevr4

Roku not connecting to specific network

Jump to solution

My Roku connects to networks like hotspots using my phone, but when I try and connect to my home network (which is what I need to watch xfinity) it fails. I know my router is working because I am still using the home network on other devices.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Re: Roku not connecting to specific network

Jump to solution

That is a base model Roku express. It’s a single babd unit which means it only works on the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signal. You need to configure your Xfinity modem 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi channels work on b,g,n 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Please provide your Roku model number and we can assist you further

0 Kudos
bestevr4

Jump to solution

It is a roku express model number 3930x

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That is a base model Roku express. It’s a single babd unit which means it only works on the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signal. You need to configure your Xfinity modem 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi channels work on b,g,n 

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you recently purchased it within the past 30 days how to return it for an upgraded model. The Roku express 4K or stick 4K Arbol dual band 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bestevr4

Thanks for the posts.

In order for us to investigate this issue further, can you provide us with your router model and MAC address? The MAC address can be found in Settings > System > About.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos