Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NPettipas
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku not connecting to my wifi and I’ve reset it multiple times.

Oh neat! Yes the network shows up so that makes sense that the 2.4ghz is working 🙂 I went the link, and I scrolled down to everything that was ever connected to the wifi. It says Roku Express, active, 2.4ghz and then another one saying the same thing but inactive. I assume someone in the house had another one at one point. And under 2.4 GHz Radio Status it says 

Type user
Status On
Authentication type WPA2-PSK (AES)

Type Guest
Status Off
Authentication type Disabled
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not connecting to my wifi and I’ve reset it multiple times.

@NPettipas, yours may be slightly different than mine.  Do you have a "System Information" tab where it shows the manufacturer and model number of your router?

It's suspicious that your phone won't connect.  You might want to enable the Guest network to see if your Roku and/or phone can connect to that.  On mine the path to get there would be "Home Network" then "Wi-Fi" under that and then scroll down to "Guest SSID Enable" and set to "Yes".  Note the password that's shown or change it to something you like.  Make sure you save changes and verify that it's really enabled by going back to the status page.  Sometimes I have to restart my router to get changes to take effect.

If you want to see if the b/g/n thing makes a difference you should see that setting under "Advanced Options".  It's called "Mode" and the default is B/G/N on mine.  If yours is on B/G/N you could try G/N to see if it makes a difference.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos